The Lord and Satan
By Don Ruhl
Do you find the first chapter of Job intriguing? Satan can present himself before the Lord and then the two of them can talk!
One day their meeting went like this, “And the LORD said to Satan, ‘From where do you come?’ So Satan answered the LORD and said, ‘From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it’” (Job 1.7).
That amazes me. The Lord began the conversation with a question to which He knew the answer. He knew that Satan had been going throughout the earth, like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour (Seems like I have read that in the New Testament somewhere!).
The Lord knew that Satan had his eyes on Job just like Satan has his eyes on us. He wants us. The Lord wants us. We make the final decision who gets us.
The Story of Abraham
By Don Ruhl
Stephen preached the Old Testament, starting with God’s promise to Abraham. Stephen then developed his sermon from the promises to Abraham, even covering things such as Abraham’s travel to the Land of Canaan, “Then he came out of the land of the Chaldeans and dwelt in Haran. And from there, when his father was dead, He moved him to this land in which you now dwell. And God gave him no inheritance in it, not even enough to set his foot on. But even when Abraham had no child, He promised to give it to him for a possession, and to his descendants after him” (Acts 7.4, 5).
Do not look at the story of Abraham as insignificant, because the entire message of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, is built upon the promises to Abraham. Just read Stephen’s sermon and he will show you that truth.
- Bulletin Articles from May 27, AD 2012 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- The Bible In Our World (Lesson 5) (thebiblemeditator.wordpress.com)
- Messianic Prophecy Number 10: Gen 18.17, 18 – All the Nations of the Earth Blessed in Abraham (theoldtestamentandthenewtestament.com)
- Messianic Prophecy Number 8: Gen 12.3 – All Families Blessed through Abraham (theoldtestamentandthenewtestament.com)
- Bulletin Articles from June 17, AD 2012 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)