Terrible and Dreadful
Habakkuk complained of crime all around him in Judah, and the Lord answered that He would send the Chaldeans to punish Judah, although the Chaldeans (Babylonians) were terrible and dreadful, with judgment that emanated from themselves rather than God, with fearsome horses, and they went places only for violence regardless of what or who got in their way (Hab 1.7–10).
It took something that severe before the Jews would listen to God, but do not think that such loyalty to sin resided only with the ancient people of God, for all nations have that tendency.
How about you? Are you so loyal to your sin that nothing can make you turn from it? Let us build up our loyalty to the Lord that we may stay with Him regardless of what or who gets in our way. DR
Everlasting Good News
John saw a spectacular sight, an angel flying in heaven with the everlasting Gospel to preach to every person on earth, proclaiming it loudly, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water” (Rev 14.6, 7).
The Gospel not only includes preaching the death, burial, resurrection, and witnesses to the resurrection of Christ (1Co 15.1–8), but it includes preaching:
1. The Fear of God
2. The Glorification of God
3. The Judgment
4. The Worship of the Creator
Be sure to speak those things to the people you teach, for they need to hear these things as much as they need to hear of the death of Jesus. DR
- Bulletin Articles from December 16, AD 2012 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- Bulletin Articles from December 2, AD 2012, Fishers of Men & To Have Fullness of Joy (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- Bulletin Articles: A Branch of Righteousness & Enduring Hardship (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- Bulletin Articles from December 9, AD 2012 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
Got something to say? Go for it!