Download the Notes: 06112014TheZodiacDonRuhl
Don Ruhl • Savage Street, Grants Pass, Oregon • May 21, In the year of our Lord, 2014
- What Is the Zodiac?
- Can the Stars Influence Our Lives?
- Before you answer, consider the affects of the sun and moon upon the Earth.
- What affects do the sun and moon have on the Earth?
- The most obvious one is that of the day and night.
- The moon provides light at night.
- Both of them affect the ocean tides.
- If heavenly objects can affect something like the oceans,
- then people believe heavenly objects can certainly affect man.
- Is the Gospel in the Stars?
- Can we trust the Zodiac?
- Can we trust anything or anyone other than the Lord Jesus Christ?
- Did Jesus, the apostles, or the prophets trust the stars of the Zodiac?
- If they did not, why should we?
- Yet, people trust the Zodiac.
- Do they feel a need to have something other worldly that controls their lives?
- If you did not know God and did not trust Him,
- what would you do?
- Has the Lord changed His mind since Deuteronomy 18.9–14?
9 “When you come into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the Lord your God. 14 For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the Lord your God has not appointed such for you” (Deu 18.9–14).
- If astrologers could not save Babylon, why would they be able to save us now?
12“Stand now with your enchantments
And the multitude of your sorceries,
In which you have labored from your youth—
Perhaps you will be able to profit,
Perhaps you will prevail.
13You are wearied in the multitude of your counsels;
Let now the astrologers, the stargazers,
And the monthly prognosticators
Stand up and save you
From what shall come upon you.
14Behold, they shall be as stubble,
The fire shall burn them;
They shall not deliver themselves
From the power of the flame;
It shall not be a coal to be warmed by,
Nor a fire to sit before!
15Thus shall they be to you
With whom you have labored,
Your merchants from your youth;
They shall wander each one to his quarter.
No one shall save you.”
- What do you think of Jeremiah 10.2?
2 Thus says the Lord:
“Do not learn the way of the Gentiles;
Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven,
For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.”