Investigating and Defending the Gospels #6 and #7
Listen to Class:
Download the Notes:
Investigating and Defending the Gospels #6
Learn What Is Evidence
Don Ruhl • Savage Street, Grants Pass, Oregon • November 4, In the year of our Lord, 2015
- What shall we do with the following passages?
- Mark 16.9–20
- Luke 22.43–44
- John 5.3b–4
- John 7.53–8.11
- Acts 8.37
- First John 5.7
- Do you know of other passages?
- Use the Same Translation
- Will It Present a Problem?
- Find Out What a Scribe Did
- What do the oldest manuscripts say?
- Did a scribe try to harmonize with another text?
- Did a scribe add details that he knew existed?
- Did the scribe interpret?
- Does the margin provide insight?
- Is the Message Changed by Including or Excluding the Text?
- What if you clean up some of my books.
- You would find some very old books
- that are coming apart.
- Could you figure out which part of a book went with another part?
- If you found a part that did not belong, would that nullify the whole book?
- What is the meaning and application of John 7.17?
- Does this affect the inerrancy and infallibility of the Bible?
- God gave us His word.
- Now we choose what to do with it.
- John 7.17 guarantees that we will have what we need.
- However, even as God provides food for our bellies and
- some food is bad,
- does not negate the good food,
- so it is with the word of God.
- Someone’s tampering with it does not negate the valid parts.
- No manuscript variation affects any doctrine!