Listen to this Sermon: 07082012GodsFoolishnessVersusMansWisdom
Download the Notes: 07082012GodsFoolishnessVersusMansWisdom
God’s Foolishness Versus Man’s Wisdom
In a contest between the two, who would win?
First Corinthians 1.25
Don Ruhl • Savage Street, Grants Pass, Oregon • July 8, In the year of our Lord 2012
Scripture Reader and Reading: Kadin – First Corinthians 1.18–24
- 1Co 1.25
- Verses 18–24 explain verse 25.
- God’s foolishness, that is, what appears to be foolish to men.
- Man’s wisdom cannot figure it out.
- Man cannot see the connection. E. g.,
- Blood on the door posts and header to escape the destroyer.
- Abraham’s sacrifice of Isaac.
- Isa 55.8, 9
- How much higher are God’s thoughts and ways than man’s
- Num 21.4–9
- Looking upon a bronze serpent to be healed
- Jos 6.1–5
- Marching around Jericho
- 2Ki 5.8–14
- Naaman focused on the water, not the command
- John 9.6, 7
- Spittle-made mud on the eyes, then wash in the pool of Siloam
- Mark 16. 16
- Acts 2.38
Got something to say? Go for it!