If You Need Instruction in the Issues of Life
By Don Ruhl
Why did the Holy Spirit include the Book of Proverbs in the Bible? Solomon revealed why we should read his proverbs, preserved by the Spirit of the living God, “To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, judgment, and equity; to give prudence to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion” (Pro 1.3, 4).
If you wish to receive instruction in matters of wisdom, justice, judgment, and equity, and if you wish to receive prudence, knowledge, and discretion, the Book of Proverbs is the place to go.
Read it and meditate upon it.
The Same God Works in Us All
By Don Ruhl
In explaining why Christians had different miraculous gifts in the first century church, Paul said, “And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all” (1Co 12.6).
Even without miraculous gifts, we can say the same. I may not be able to do what you can do, and you may not be able to do what I can do, nevertheless, it is the same God working through both of us, because He gave both of us what skills we have.
Therefore, let us accept one another and praise God together in the name of Jesus.
- Bulletin Articles from July 8, AD 2012 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- Bulletin Articles from July 15, AD 2012 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- Bulletin Articles from August 26, AD 2012 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- Bulletin Articles from August 19, AD 2012 (grantspasschurchofchrist.com)
- The Bible In Our World (Part 15) (thebiblemeditator.wordpress.com)