Listen to the Class:
Download the Notes: 12152013WhyAreSomeThingsHardToUnderstandDonRuhl
Why Are Some Things Hard to Understand in Scripture?
Second Peter 3.16
Don Ruhl • Savage Street, Grants Pass, Oregon • December 15, In the year of our Lord, 2013
- Lack of Teaching
- 2Pe 3.16
- 1Ti 1.5–7
- We just may not be informed enough.
- Unstable Character
- 2Pe 3.16
- Tts 1.15
- Dan 9.13
- This Allows the Dishonest, et al., to Hang Themselves
- 2Pe 3.16–18
- Matt 13.10–17
- We Are Not God
- We cannot have all God’s knowledge, or
- we might think that we are God,
- a problem that we have frequently already.
- God’s Glory Conceals
- Pro 25.2
- Deu 29.29
- Dan 12.4
- Rev 10.1–4
- Even the Prophets Did Not Always Understand
- 1Pe 1.10–12
- Jer 4.10
- Dan 1.4, 17, 20; 9.2 yet Dan 8.16–17, 27; 12.8
- God Provides Opportunities for Growth through Challenges
- Preconceived Ideas Get in the Way
- 2Ki 5.10–14
- Previous teaching might get in the way. E. g.,
- The Calvinist with Acts 2.38
- Us with God hardening Pharaoh’s heart.
- The Solution:
- All the church should read all the Bible all the time.
- This would solve many problems.